Book Title: Treating Trauma and Traumatic Grief in Children and Adolescents, Second Edition
Publisher: The Guilford Press
Author: Judith A. Cohen
- Trauma-Focused CBT for Children and Adolescents: Treatment Applications
- Social Work Practice with Children, Third Edition (Clinical Practice with Children, Adolescents, and Families)
- A Terrible Thing Happened
- Helping The Traumatized Child: A Workbook For Therapists (Helpful Materials To Support Therapists Using TFCBT: Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral ... with FREE digital download of the book.)
- Neurobiology for Clinical Social Work: Theory and Practice (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology) (Norton Professional Books)
- Treating Traumatic Stress in Children and Adolescents: How to Foster Resilience through Attachment, Self-Regulation, and Competency
- Group Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy of Anxiety: A Transdiagnostic Treatment Manual
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Depressed Adolescents, Second Edition
- CBT Toolbox for Children and Adolescents: Over 200 Worksheets & Exercises for Trauma, ADHD, Autism, Anxiety, Depression & Conduct Disorders
- Evidence-Based Psychotherapies for Children and Adolescents, Third Edition
This authoritative guide has introduced many tens of thousands of clinicians to Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), a leading evidence-based treatment for traumatized children and their parents or caregivers. Preeminent clinical researchers provide a comprehensive framework for assessing posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), other trauma-related symptoms, and traumatic grief in 3- to 18-year-olds; building core coping skills; and directly addressing and making meaning of children's trauma experiences. Implementation is facilitated by sample scripts, case examples, troubleshooting tips, and reproducible client handouts. Purchasers get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials in a convenient 8 1/2" x 11" size. TF-CBT is listed in SAMHSA's National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices.
New to This Edition
*Incorporates a decade's worth of advances in TF-CBT research and clinical practice.
*Updated for DSM-5.
*Chapter on the model's growing evidence base.
*Chapter on group applications.
*Expanded coverage of complex trauma, including ways to adapt TF-CBT for children with severe behavioral or affective dysregulation.
See also the edited volume Trauma-Focused CBT for Children and Adolescents: Treatment Applications for more information on tailoring TF-CBT to children's varying developmental levels and cultural backgrounds.